The Google family are one of the earliest recorded in Trunch. The name has had many different spellings including Gogel, Gogill, Gogle, Gogyll, Gogyle, Goggul, and Gogle. The Manorial records record members of the family living in this area from 1391. They were what was called a "visitation" family, which meant that they claimed to be an upper class family with the right to have a coat of arms and they were visited to check the validity of their claim. There were also Gogyls on the Gimingham Soke Jury of Freemen in the 15th. Century.
One of the most famous members of the family was John Gogyll who left money in his will of 1496 for the building of the chancel screen in the church.
During the 16th. and 17th. Centuries Gogles are recorded as paying the Subsidy Taxes, while the first appearance in the Trunch parish records is in 1574 with the baptism of Robert, the son of John and Fayth, who also went on to have children John, Susan and Joan. Later a Robert possibly John's son, married Prudence and they had a large family in Trunch. Robert's will of 1647 mentions sons John, Thomas and William as well as grandchildren named Claydon, so from a daughter's marriage. He was quite wealthy and owned land and property in Trunch, Swafield and Yarmouth. While several Googles were living in Gimingham they also appear in the Trunch records up to 1730 when a John Gogle was buried and the 9 wills in the Record Office for Gogles of Trunch date from 1434 to 1723.